- Bachelor of Science in Education, Major Speech, Minor English, Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, Arizona
- Master of Arts, Adult and Community Education, Ball State University, Muncie, Indiana
20-year United States Army Career
- As an enlisted soldier, Fred progressed from Private to Staff Sergeant. He learned leadership while serving in various positions in California, Korea, Minnesota, Wisconsin and Germany.
- Fred received a Direct Commission as a 1st Lieutenant while serving in Germany and subsequently was assigned to various senior level positions in Germany, Indiana and Minnesota. Those assignments
included four and a half years of Command. Fred is a graduate of the Army War College. In 1991 he retired from the United States Army as a Major.
20-year Civilian Career in Human Resources and Management and Organizational Development
- Fred began his civilian career working in human resources in the Native American casino industry.
- In 1995, he started Mainsail Management which was a human resources and management consulting firm, primarily in the entertainment and hospitality industry.
- In 2002, Fred was asked to help orchestrate the growth of a company. He faciltated growth from 500 to 2,500 employees in less three years; expanding operations from 2 states to 5
- Fred was a hospital director of human resources and also served as the CEO for the hospital's nonprofit foundation. Fred concluded his civilian career by being a senior management
consultant for an international consulting firm.